Advertisement copies, billboards, and print-ads are radically changing on how they were presented earlier and how they have been transformed over the years with the infusion of technology and social media. The impact of these phenomenon’s have had a deep impact on brands and marketers and their capacities to market a product.
One of the key ways to improve social media engagement is creating a hashtag which helps consumers get more knowledge or information about a new or existing product or service.We now have social media handles and hashtags (#) as an added copy to the other details.
A hashtag could be anything, a branded term, a phrase or a call to action. A #hashtag is a specially crafted term used to relate with a particular brand and giving consumers a new way to associate, discuss, interact and get in touch with your business on a social platform.
A special way to describe the hashtag is a way of building your brand and establishing it further in the minds of the audience and making an unforgettable, long-lasting impression.
The benefits of creating hashtags is optimization of the brand and its online presence in the digital technology.
- Optimizing your brand and making the products and services more discoverable within the industry – It’s important to optimize and use keywords as hashtags after careful research and pertaining to your industry, making your brand more discoverable.
- Increase traffic – More often, now people have started using hashtags as a method to search on current topics and discussions on social media especially so on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Once your brand is more visible on social media platforms it will automatically lead to more social media and website traffic.
- Create Brand Advocates – Hashtags are a great way of improvising and trending your brand amongst the brand advocates and more consumers tend to believe and have a special attachment to their reasoning compared to what businesses have to say about their own brand.
- Hashtags analytics – Hashtags are an effective way to know how your SEO and keyword search pertaining to the industry is influencing customers’ choices and building an impression on your brand. It’s an effective way to know which hashtags are working and which ones aren’t.
- Hashtags across different social media platforms – Hashtags are usable across all social media, be it Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and equally effectively so, the cross-channel network and promotions could be on the same subject and context across the different platforms.
But the question remains; how do you come up with the effective hashtag which is a sure shot winning one?
Reinstating the fact that the right hashtag builds and improves traffic, clicks and engagement. It is important to list your end goals before starting your social media strategy.Your end goals for creating a hashtag could be this or one of the many.
1.Increase social media visibility for your brand or a particular product or service from your brand.
- Increase your brand engagement and audience interaction on social media
- Find hashtags related to your business and industry
- Increase the clicks on particular hashtag link
- Hashtag analytics is useful to understand and measure the total reach and for SEO purpose.
Hashtags for different social networks
Twitter – Hashtag is a Twitter invention and this is what makes it a perfect platform for discovering new/current trends, engage in conversations and know all major happenings across the globe. Tweets with hashtags can be linked and every tweet can have a hashtag and a link and are helpful in directing customers to the marketing pages.
Searching on twitter with a particular, unique, keyword branded hashtag makes it simple and easily discoverable. This perhaps is one of the key reasons for many a business to develop social media campaigns on Twitter.
Instagram – The hashtags form a part as a caption along with the picture, which is a great platform to host contests, promotions and other visual content. With up to a limit of 30 hashtags to form a part of your post, Instagram is a great boost and marketing platform for your brand.
Facebook – On Facebook hashtags are categorised based on popularity and date used, more relevant to current and ongoing topics.
Hashtags have to be relevant and unique to your business, creating the right vibes and relativity with your audience.
It is important to create hashtags which are
1. EASY TO REMEMBER
- NOT TOO LONG
- PERSISTENT AND CONFORMING WITH YOUR BRAND
It is also important to avoid posting your hashtag too frequently, else it has the risk of losing its relevancy, its always best to plan a specific period of time and number of hashtags and gain insights into their usage. One unique hashtag has the power of leveraging your brand.
Do let us know your experience in creating a unique hashtag for your business.